[RPKI] Krill install-and-run doc update

John Kristoff jtk at dataplane.org
Thu Sep 28 20:55:26 UTC 2023

On Thu, 28 Sep 2023 22:45:35 +0200
Ximon Eighteen <ximon at nlnetlabs.nl> wrote:

> The doc that you linked to refers to "amd64/x86_64 architecture
> running Debian 9, 10 or 11” and Krill DEB packages are indeed

I figured that it was limited to 11, but there is the implication that
bookworm is available on the packages page and it wasn't obvious to me
what the state or plan for Debian 12 was:

  <https://nlnetlabs.nl/packages/>

> At the time of writing there is not yet a package available
> specifically for the Debian 12 Bookworm O/S version, though that will
> be remedied with the upcoming Krill 0.14 release. Unfortunately you
> can’t use the Bullseye package on Bookworm due to an unmet dependency
> on the libssl1.1 package, which is why the upcoming Bookworm package
> will depend on libssl3 instead.

That is where I am at.  I'll play around with a Cargo install and
manually put things in place that way, but eagerly await Debian stable
packages.  Thanks for the response and info,

John