[net-dns-users] sep() and is_sep()

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Wed May 28 11:49:02 UTC 2014

Calle,

Acknowledged.
I think the best course of action for us would have been to:

1. Introduce the new functions that will replace old ones.
   The old functions should keep working the same as before
   (without printing warnings)
2. Release with a notification about the new function, and the fact
   that it will replace an old function.
3. Give users opportunity to switch to usage of the new function and
   adapt their dependency on the new module version.
4. Adapt the old function to print the deprecated warning and
   release again giving a warning about the function to be deprecated.

We'll make sure to use this procedure with similar cases in the future.

What would you like us to do now?  Re-release with the warning removed?
 Now the damage has been done already, it might be just as easy for
modules using Net::DNS::SEC to adapt and re-release with an updated
dependency.  What do you think?

-- Willem