The (html) documentation is created with doxygen. The manual pages are created with a perl program. While sitting in the source directory a simple (g)make doc should create everything.
You can find the latest documentation, along with tutorials and guides here.
A few example programs are included in the source of ldns. They are not compiled by default. You need to explicitly build them with: cd examples && ./configure && (g)make
- ldns-chaos - Prints some information about the nameserver.
- ldns-key2ds - Creates a DS record from a DNSKEY record
- ldns-keyfetcher - Fetches DNSSEC public keys for zones
- ldns-keygen - Generate private/pubkey key pair for DNSSEC.
- ldns-mx - Prints the mx records for a domain.
- ldns-read-zone - Reads a zone file and prints it with 1 RR per line.
- ldns-signzone - Signs a zone file according to DNSSECbis.
- ldns-version - Prints the version of the library.
- ldns-update - UPDATE examples.
- ldns-walk - 'Walks' a DNSSEC zone
- ldns-zsplit - Splits a zone file in smaller parts
- ldns-zcat - Concatenates zone file parts split with ldns-zsplit
- ldns-compare-zones - See the differences between zones (added/removed names, added/removed rrs for names)