[RPKI] Retiring JDR on March 1, 2024

Alex Band alex at nlnetlabs.nl
Fri Jan 26 08:58:27 UTC 2024

Dear all,

We continually evaluate every product and service we’re responsible for. This involves making choices and, in some cases, cuts.

About four years ago, we launched JDR as a platform to perform analysis on objects in the RPKI, with the goal to let you troubleshoot specific problems or analyse the RPKI as a whole. Though we have a lot of ideas on how we could improve JDR - both in terms of reliability and functionality - the reality is that between all the projects and responsibilities we have as a team, we are not in a position to give it the attention we think it requires.

This is why we’ve decided to retire JDR on March 1, 2024.

The repositories that make up the JDR backend (in Julia) and frontend (in Vue.js) will remain available as open-source projects on GitHub, allowing anyone to fork them or use them for inspiration.

Kind regards,

Alex Band