[RPKI] RPKI on IOS-XR and VRF's

Jay Borkenhagen rpki at braeburn.org
Wed Apr 10 19:54:25 UTC 2019

Hi Jan,

Some time ago I filed this Cisco DDTS:

   CSCvg37740 - Specify source address or interface for RPKI server

I do not know whether a fix was made available in any versions of
IOS-XR.  (However, I do know that no SMU fixing that DDTS has yet been
accepted into our (as7018) certification process.)

That said, the workaround we are using in production is to use the SSH
Transport option, section 9.1 of https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8210
Our versions of IOS-XR do allow specifying the source address for ssh
client connections via:

 ssh client source-interface Loopback0

Note that if you do go this way, the "show running" configuration will
show the rpki server username and "transport ssh port 22", but the ssh
password will not be visible.  It will be stored in a database
internal to IOS-XR -- it just won't be apparent.

Sorry -- I never tried setting up validation in a VRF.  Good luck.

Hope that helps somewhat.

						Jay B.