[net-dns-users] Net::DNS 1.16 Released

Willem Toorop willem at nlnetlabs.nl
Mon Jul 16 04:56:01 UTC 2018

Dear all,

We have a new release version 1.16 of Net::DNS.

This release contains new and improved methods for NSEC and NSEC3 RRs to
enquery about the name it covers, the types in its typemap, and in case
of NSEC3 about the encloser, nextcloser and (unexpanded) wildcard.

Also, IPv6 support is from now only with the IO::Socket::IP module.
Support for the IO::Socket::INET6 is removed (for which we have warned
about since 1.12).

See also the Changes section below file.

link  : https://www.net-dns.org/download/Net-DNS-1.16.tar.gz
sha256: 8163eebaf46d1a870b6f596684f345da7c3a7461d7dba2b85f23e02d8982ea37
asc   : https://www.net-dns.org/download/Net-DNS-1.16.tar.gz.asc

**** 1.16 Jul 15, 2018

Feature
        New NSEC3 encloser(), nextcloser() and wildcard() instance
        methods return closest encloser, "next closer" and putative
        wildcard names respectively.

Feature
        Add new NSEC covers() instance method.

Feature
        New NSEC typemap() instance method interrogates type list.

        IO::Socket::INET6 removed from recommended module metadata.
        IPv6 requires IO::Socket::IP which is now a core package.

        No requirement to escape @ in unquoted contiguous string.