[net-dns-users] SOA rname as mailbox

Calle Dybedahl calle.dybedahl at init.se
Tue May 19 07:20:49 UTC 2015

> On 18 maj 2015, at 18:28, Rob Foehl <rwf at loonybin.net> wrote:
>
> What's the recommended method to get at the domain form now without digging around in the object?  Just feed the rname back through
> Net::DNS::Mailbox for the string value?

As you have probably seen already from Mr Franks’ response, you’re not meant to do that. If you’re doing something where you want to see the details of what came over the wire, Net::LDNS may be a better choice (it’s on CPAN). We wrote it for the Zonemaster project (a DNS diagnostic tool, jointly developed by the Swedish and French ccTLD registries), since it had become clear that the direction Net::DNS was moving in was not well aligned with our needs.

—
Calle Dybedahl
calle.dybedahl at init.se