[net-dns-users] AXFR (was: Re: sep() and is_sep())

Dick Franks rwfranks at acm.org
Tue Jun 3 18:10:21 UTC 2014

Unfortunately, we are in the tricky position where either  a) we go back,
and are unable to do TSIG zone transfers,   or b)  invent a better way of
doing things that does TSIG and provides step-wise progression through a
zone.

The candidates so far are:

 1)  $res->axfr( 'example.com',  sub { my $rr = shift;  ... } );    #
call-back

 2)  my @zone = $res->axfr( 'example.com' );       # whole zone as now

      my $iterator = $res->axfr( 'example.com' );     # interative solution
      while ( my $rr = $iterator->( ) ) {
      }

Thoughts?

Dick