[net-dns-users] Secure updates for Microsoft DNS

Dan Weintraub Dan.Weintraub at dealer.com
Mon Dec 16 22:27:31 UTC 2013

Hello,

I’m using Net::DNS::Update to dynamically update Microsoft DNS and it’s working very well. However, I need to change a zone I’m updating to “only secure updates” and I’m having a hard time understanding how it’s supposed to work. I see there are some examples in your documentation with TSIG, but it looks like they might be for bind only. I hear that Microsoft has their own version of the standard that differs in several ways.

Will Net::DNS::Update do secure updates with Microsoft DNS? Does anyone know of any documentation on this setup?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Dan Weintraub | Senior Systems Engineer
V: 877.327.8422