[net-dns-users] GOST signature validation

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Mon Nov 4 21:25:56 UTC 2013

Sure thing.  Two files are attached.  First, a patch to Net::DNS::SEC.  Note that there are two other
changes mixed in with this patch.  (1) I think there was a bug with Digest::BubbleBabble being optional,
and (2) I added support for SHA384 DS records.

The second file is SEC/GOST.pm.  It uses the Perl Inline module and some openssl calls to implement
the GOST verification.  One of the things I struggled with was the setting the DIRECTORY option when
calling the Inline module.  I think the default is to create something in the current directory and
my particular application doesn't have a writable current directory.  I don't know if the /var/tmp
inline directory is very safe.

Note that Digest::GOST::CryptoPro is used when generating DS records.  If someone only wants to
generate DS records, they can do that just in Perl.  The Inline/openssl code is needed to validate
signatures.  I did not write any code to generate GOST signatures.