[net-dns-users] Severe Net::DNS bug waiting to be fixed

Dick Franks rwfranks at acm.org
Wed Jul 17 17:07:39 UTC 2013

Willem,

I have had a good hard look at this. Unfortunately, there is no prospect of
relief without some architectural change.

My plan now is to attempt to re-engineer Packet and Header in ways which
(a) eliminate the leakage problem and (b) preserves enough compatibility to
avoid breaking Net::DNS::SEC.

If that proves impossible, we may need to negotiate with Olaf to refurbish
Net::DNS::SEC to avoid the breaks of encapsulation in some of its RR
subtypes.

Regards

Dick Franks