[net-dns-users] Fwd: Bug report: Net::DNS::Zonefile fails to read escaped parenthesis

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Tue Jun 18 13:34:16 UTC 2013

Section 2.3.1 restricts domain names to letters, digits, and hyphen, but
the wording is pretty wishy-washy "Preferred Name Syntax".
Section 5.1 allows files to use \X and \DDD but it is not clear if that
includes domain names, or is for other fields, like text records, soa email
fields (the example given), SPF records, etc.
The caveat is still that non-standard domain names won't work with all
applications, and are best avoided.  Use at your own risk.

--
Bob Harold
hostmaster, UMnet, ITcom
rharolde at umich.edu