[net-dns-users] GOST signature validation

Nikolay Shaplov dhyan at nataraj.su
Thu Jan 17 05:32:44 UTC 2013

> On the subject of GOST, for what it's worth I also have code to validate
> GOST RRSIGs. Since there doesn't seem to be a perl module that already
> does this, I resorted to using the Inline module and calling the openssl
> library functions.  Its not very pretty but it does work.  I can share it
> if there is interest, but I don't think it fits very well into the
> Net::DNS::SEC package as-is.

I think the best way to do this would be to create Crypt::OpenSSL::GOST module
the way most Crypt::OpenSSL::* module exists and then use this module in
Net::DNS::SEC.

At least this is what I was going to do in distant future. (We do not really
use GOST RRSIGs and we do not have proper OpenSSL with GOST support in our
linux distro out of box, so I am not in a hurry)