[net-dns-users] How to translate the email in SOA

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Thu Jan 10 11:49:38 UTC 2013

On 9 jan 2013, at 11:11, Einar Lönn <einar.lonn at iis.se> wrote:

> As do I. The less automagic the better, we've been having trouble using later version of Net::DNS and it's getting worse lately with every new release. Please do listen to us in this; we're using Net::DNS to *test* DNS so we expect it not to fiddle with the actual packets and perform magic we didnt ask for. :(

I am not upgrading my Net::DNS for exactly these reasons.

If I ask for the packet, I want to get the packet. That is how the API has been so far.

If you want some magic applied that helps parsing/correcting the data please add more functions. I do understand why this is needed. Specifically if the parsing is of data from for example a text file, in what situation what is parsed might very well not be at all what one want to give as output (which should be in a correct canonical format).

So, I am definitely not against the movement, to get Net::DNS more easy to use!

   Patrik