[net-dns-users] section RR counts read only

Dick Franks rwfranks at acm.org
Thu Dec 20 15:58:49 UTC 2012

IMHO the secondary mission would be better served by a separate
purpose-built test tool distribution, driven by users who need it, and
which would not be routinely redistributed as part of general purpose Linux
distributions.

This could be built by using most of the standard Net::DNS components, but
with provision to inject corruptions in a controlled manner.  Most of the
task could be achieved by a modified version of Packet.pm plus a little
ingenuity.

Net::DNS::TestKit ?

I am not volunteering to write it, but if anyone wishes to pursue the idea,
I will be happy to help get it started.

Dick