[net-dns-users] section RR counts read only

John Kristoff jtk at cymru.com
Wed Dec 19 02:38:52 UTC 2012

I had some code that set qdcount, ancount, nscount and arcount in the
header of a crafted Net::DNS message.  Well, I was setting them and I
assume it worked, but I hadn't tested it in awhile.  I recently
discovered that Net::DNS behavior changed between 0.68 and 0.69 that
permits you to only now read these values.

This isn't a big deal, but being able to set them, as I recall I was
able to do anyway, was useful for seeing how various implementations
would react. If it's not a big deal to bring back that functionality, it
might come in handy.

John