Software Developer – C Programming Language
Are you a software developer who wants to work on one of the most respected open source DNS software projects in the world? Are you self-organising and like working in a small, highly specialised team of developers and researchers? Join NLnet Labs and get an opportunity to do what you do best in a place without an open office plan, devoid of endless meetings and free of rigid processes.
As a software developer at NLnet Labs you will be working on open source software that literally helps to make the Internet work. You're responsible for maintaining and expanding our DNS and DNSSEC software products, such as the authoritative name server NSD and the validating, recursive resolver Unbound. These projects are developed in the C programming language.
In this role you will:
- Maintain our DNS software to keep it secure and ensure the code quality remains high
- Develop new, industry relevant functionality based on open standards
This is what we expect from you:
- You have experience coding in C
- You are willing to work from our office at least several days per week
What we can offer you:
- A working environment that allows you to work in a way that suits you best
- A healthy work/life balance and flexible work hours
- A salary that corresponds with your experience; we would like to discuss this with you
This is what we also do:
- Develop projects in the Rust and Python programming languages
- Contribute to open standards development
- Promote the use of open standards and open source software
- Perform targeted research into the state of the Internet
About NLnet Labs
Founded in 1999, the NLnet Labs Foundation is celebrating its twentieth anniversary this year. In this time, we have grown into an organisation that is respected for their open source software projects that support the core of the Internet, their award winning research and contributions to the development of open standards. We strive to remain a lightweight organisation, currently employing ten developers, two researchers and two managers. We value openness, initiative and strive to allow everyone to genuinely influence the organisation.
We currently maintain open source DNS software written in C, BGP software written in Rust, as well as several community and research projects written in Python.
NLnet Labs is located at the Amsterdam Science Park in the Matrix Innovation Centre. It has excellent reachability by public transport and has private parking available if you travel by car.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a motivation letter and your curriculum vitae in English to email@example.com.